We are seeking a Process Support Chemist to join GLT’s chemical pilot plant operations team based at The Wilton Centre, Redcar. The successful candidate will support the operation of the pilot plant and will be responsible for sample analysis and chemistry support for a novel green chemical process.
Apply by: 2nd November 2018
Wilton Centre, Redcar, Teesside, North Yorkshire
Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for sample analysis and chemistry support for a novel green chemical process. The role will involve but will not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Supporting process development, data collection and scale-up design of a novel chemical process
- Ensure strict adherence to site policies/procedures, cGMP, GLP, environmental and health and safety regulations
- Safety and housekeeping considerations
- Ensure resolution of and/or appropriate escalation of issues
- Driving health and safety
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and progress continuous Improvement projects
- Sampling and analysis of samples using HPLC, NMR and various other analytical techniques
- Due to the nature of the role it may be a requirement to conduct other activities in line with company priorities including demonstration plant support
- Academic and/or vocational qualifications i.e. A-level, OND/ONC and/or min. NVQ level 3 in chemistry or a closely related subject
- At least 1 year’s experience working in a chemical laboratory environment
- Good communication skills – academic writing and verbal
- Knowledge of relevant laboratory operations and equipment
- Good IT skills
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
Some laboratory experience in one or more of the following:
- GC, HPLC, LC-MS, GC-MS, NMR or ICP analysis.
- Experience in analytical method development (e.g. HPLC)
- Experience in chemical process development
Application Process – how to apply
Apply – please send an e-mail, stating the post you are interested in, to [email protected]
Submit – we will then contact you by e-mail to request that you submit an application form (which will be provided) along with your up-to-date CV by 5pm, Friday 2nd November 2018.
Interview – Your completed application form and CV will be reviewed by the recruitment team and, if they are in agreement, you will be invited for an interview which ideally will take place in person but, if that is not possible, can take place via phone or video link. Please note that if, following a phone/video interview you are still considered suitable, a second interview in person may be required.
Offer – At the end of this process if you are successful we will be in touch to discuss details of the offer and the role.