We are seeking up to 3 Process Technicians with significant experience in chemical plant operations to join the team at GLT’s chemical pilot plant at The Wilton Centre, Redcar. The successful candidate will support the operation of the pilot plant for a novel chemical process, gathering necessary data for the design and build of commercial plants and will be responsible for all manufacturing processes in a busy production environment.
Apply by: 2nd November 18
Wilton Centre, Redcar, Teesside, North Yorkshire
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, responsible for all manufacturing processes in a busy production environment. The role will involve but will not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Supporting process development, data collection and scale up design of a novel chemical process by operation of the pilot plant
- Ensure strict adherence to site policies/procedures, cGMP, environmental and health and safety regulations
- Safety and housekeeping considerations
- Ensure resolution of and/or appropriate escalation of issues
- Driving health and safety
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and progress continuous improvement projects
- Sampling and sample management
- Preparation and upkeep of plant documentation
- Due to the nature of the role it may be required to conduct other activities in line with company priorities
- The role will involve working a two-shift system, Monday to Friday
The ideal candidate will have experience and skills in the following areas with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the chemical/biotech/pharma industries:
- Chemical plant operations
- Chemical plant equipment operation and troubleshooting
- Handling of hazardous chemicals
- Maintenance of processing equipment (e.g. pumps)
- Plant health and safety
- Plant control systems
- Plant documentation and logs
Application Process – how to apply
Apply – please send an e-mail, stating the post you are interested in, to [email protected]
Submit – we will then contact you by e-mail to request that you submit an application form (which will be provided) along with your up-to-date CV by 5pm, Friday 2nd November 2018.
Interview – Your completed application form and CV will be reviewed by the recruitment team and, if they are in agreement, you will be invited for an interview which ideally will take place in person but, if that is not possible, can take place via phone or video link. Please note that if, following a phone/video interview you are still considered suitable, a second interview in person may be required.
Offer – At the end of this process if you are successful we will be in touch to discuss details of the offer and the role.